How to get a US visa for work if you are an expat

The US government is ramping up efforts to help foreign workers in the country get permanent residency.

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is now encouraging US citizens and permanent residents to apply for a visa to live in the US.”US citizens, permanent residents, and visa holders may apply for an immigrant visa, green card, or H-1B visa through the USCIS website or by contacting the Office of Foreign Affairs and Trade (OFAT),” the DHS wrote in a blog post.

“Applicants must submit documentation supporting their eligibility for a temporary visa or a H-2B visa, which is a visa issued to qualified foreign workers to provide work authorization to U.S. companies.”

The department added that applicants must have a valid green card or a work permit and that there are no minimum requirements.

“For a US-based nonimmigrant visa, the employer must have sufficient employees and will need to provide documentation demonstrating the worker is currently employed in the United States,” the DHS said.US citizens who apply for permanent residency in the USA must complete the application process on the USCES website.

“This process includes the issuance of an alien registration certificate, a foreign visa application, and a completed visa application,” the department added.

“If you are a US citizen who wishes to work in the U.K., you must apply through the UK embassy or consulate,” the US embassy in London wrote.

“For the purposes of a UK visa application you must provide a current passport photo, supporting documents and the visa number of your current employer.

For example, you must have at least one passport photo with your current employment ID.”

The Department also advised US citizens who want to live and work in other countries, but want to get an H-3 visa, to contact their consulate.

“Foreign nationals may also apply to the U,D.C., or L.A. area consulate or embassy for advice regarding the H-4 visa or other visa options,” the agency said.

“A foreign national must also have a work visa and an alien application.”